ROCKOKO is a Ukrainian instrumental Band which identifies itself with Symphonic Rock, Symphotronica. The Band also performs in such genres as Acoustic, Pop, Dance, D&B, Metal, Jazz. The foundation for the band’s success is the original way of arranging authorial compositions and popular hits.
ROCKOKO has created the concert program with the Symphonic Orchestra; had two All-Ukrainian tours; performances in the largest concert halls of Ukraine; video-shootings of the concerts and their broadcasting on TV; concerts abroad: Poland, Hungary, Germany. Read More
ROCKOKO Band was created in 2012 by three musicians: Michael Romanyshyn (violinist and composer), Ihor Protsyk (cellist) and Volodymyr Kotlyarov (cellist and composer). First drafts of ROCKOKO included own arranging of popular hits. As creative personalities, the members of the Band had burning desire to create something different from others. The result of it is a mixed composition which consists of two hits: Queen – «We will rock you» and Michael Jackson – «They don’t really care about us». Soon such mixes became a highlight of ROCKOKO.
Then it was time that the Band members felt the strength and new ideas for creating their own music. It was a glorious feeling as they saw the way to express their original vision, own thoughts and emotions. One more significant reason was that it is a method to leave behind something really worthwhile.
In 2016, in order to enrich the sounding and diversify the repertoire of ROCKOKO, the idea of creating a program with the Symphony Orchestra first came up. The ROCKOKO & Orchestra tandem conveys the unstoppable energy of music for sure. The ROCKOKO Band and more than 40 musicians of the orchestra create an unforgettable evening show which touches the feelings of even the most demanding admirers of Instrumental Music.
In 2017-2018, ROCKOKO Band had two concert tours all over Ukraine where they gathered a whole audience full of their admirers. Among cities for the tours are: Zhytomyr, Bila Tserkva, Odesa, Mykolaiv, Zaporizhzhia, Kryvyi rih, Kharkiv, Dnipro, Kyiv, Ternopil, Chernivtsi, Lutsk, Rivne, Lviv and others.
ROCKOKO Band performed abroad in such countries as Poland (Warsaw, Szczecin, Rzeszow, Gorzow Wielkopolski, Krakow), Hungary (Budapest, Szeged ) and Germany (Berlin).
The first video of the band was a clip for a debut authorial composition «In Memory of the Heavenly Hundred», which was an echo of the tragedy on the Maidan in 2013-2014 in Kyiv, Ukraine.
In 2018-2019, the band made two more music videos for the authorial compositions «Mutual love» and «Through the time». The videos were presented at the cinemas «Planeta Kino» and got a lot of positive feedback from the viewers.
ROCKOKO also initiated cooperation with a famous show ballet «Zhyttya». Exclusively for celebrating the hundredth anniversary of the West Ukrainian People’s Republic, the band created the authorial arrangement for the song «Chuyesh, brave miy» (Listen, my brother). This very composition was performed by ROCKOKO in the Lviv Opera House accompanied by the above mentioned ballet.
At the end of 2018, the band created the Christmas «Carols» program, whose performance is accompanied by the Chamber Orchestra. On request of and with support from «UA:Pershyy» TV Channel, ROCKOKO shot a project which is broadcast during New Year’s Eve and Christmas. And on 2nd of January 2019, the Band presented one of the Christmas Carols near the main Christmas Tree of the Country on Sophiivska Square in Kyiv.
- Concert program with Symphonic Orchestra;
- Two All-Ukrainian Tours;
- Performances on the greatest venues in Ukraine;
- Video shootings of concert programs and broadcasting them on TV;
- Concerts abroad: Poland, Hungary, Germany;
- Two Video clips of authorial compositions «Mutual Love» та «Through the Time»;
- ЕР – «Ukrainian Live Session»;
- ЕР – «ROCKOKO to ОЕ»;
- Proceeds work on debut authorial album «Dark & Light» in OLI Music Studio;
- Interview with Rococo was published in more than twenty editorials: Comma, Site 24, Gazeta.ua, MVUA, Ukrainian Music, Woman, Zaxid.net, Vgorode, Moemisto.ua, Lviv-online, Mydim.uа, BOOM Awards;
- Participants of art project «Under the Star of Pinzel» (wrote authorial arrangement for promo video of the project);
- Radio stations and TV programs are curious about life and art of band and invite them to Priamyy Channel, ZIK, Radio Skovoroda, FM Galychyna, Duze Radio, Lvivska Hvylya, Hromadske Radio, Yaskrave Radio, Zahidnyy Polyus, Vezha FM, Shark FM, Televsesvit Channel, UA:Pershyy, Pravda tut Channel, INTV, Radio 10, More FM, Dumskaya TV, Mykolayiv 92 FM, Puls, IRTA, Donbas UA, Radio Vholos, NTA Channel, Pershyy Zahidnyy Channel, АТR, Radio Nezalezhnist.
MEDIA ABOUT ROCKOKO BAND:
«ROCKOKO is up to coming band recorded Track which will shake Ukrainian audience»
«ROCKOKO is the only instrumental band in Ukraine which makes official release on own authorial music»
«ROCKOKO Band: Lviv guys as masterpiece»
«ROCKOKO made public their second clip from their trilogy»